Monday, April 20, 2009

And we go back again....

It seems Chennai got hurt by the Mumbai opener defeat and made amends. Unfortunately I was hoping that bangalore will hurt Chennai again (I dont like the coolness of Dhoni) - but all the imported folks from Chennai made telling contributions - first Hayden rolled back years and delivered a telling half century at nearly 200% strike rate, then Flintoff created a small ruckus at the end. None of the bowlers worked for Bangalore except KP and Kumble - which sort of points to the fact that spinners and the 10 over break works in 20-20.

Then Bangalore got stuffed by some stupid opening combination - Praveen Kumar and Robin Uthappa. Both of them cant bat for nuts. Dravid was again delayed too far down the line after two more wickets. But boy did Freddie want to earn his million and half dollar today - steaming in and throwing the "heavy ball". And Murali on how own trip with doosra-s at the drop of the hat. Dravid just ran out of partners - but I can tell you the guy is looking in good touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment